How’s the holidays going Kids Church?
Have you enjoyed the break from school and being at home with your family?
Maybe you’ve even had friends come over to play…
There is a new thing in your house and it is AWESOME! So much fun! BUT there is only ONE of it and THREE of you who want to use it. All at the SAME time! What do you do?
- Choose a safe playing area – a rug or table and one person to be ‘in’.
- Spread 5-10 toys out in the area.
- Time the player who is ‘in’ how long it takes them to pick up all the toys one at a time and put them away in a designated spot by themself. HOWEVER, other players can each move the toys away ONCE from the player who is in to delay them.
- Take turns if more than one person wants to have a go. Who is the fastest?
- Now take the challenge again but this time, the player who is ‘in’ can choose a couple of helpers to help pick up the toys.
Is it easier to play on your own or working together as a team? Which was quicker and why?
Jason and a crew of penguins find out what is making everyone hot under the collar in…
Penguins 3-2-1: Planet wait your turn…(31 mins)
- Why do you think people push in?
- How does it make you feel when someone pushes in front of you?
- Does pushing in make things go faster? Or slower?
- What do you think God would want us to do about pushing in?
- What can we do to make sure everyone has a turn and is happy?
WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?
- Proverbs 14:29 (CEV) It is smart to be patient but it is stupid to lose your temper
- Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control…
- A poster where you draw or cut out your own fruits to label with each of the nine fruits of God’s spirit in Galatians 5:22-23 (see above)
- Or maybe you could write all the fruits on one of your favourite fruits for morning tea – just on the skin of course!
- Head to https://coloringhome.com/fruits-of-the-spirits-coloring-pages and choose a colouring page to print.