Sound Effects: ‘Cock Crowing’ by SPANAC. https://www.freesoundslibrary.com/cock-crowing/
Music Used: ‘Punky’ by Benjamin Tissot. https://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music/track/punky
Welcome to Kids Church
This term we are going to be looking at Growing to be more like Jesus.
Find a partner who has similar sized hands. Hold each other’s hands at arms length out in front of your body. Now squeeze and bend your partner’s hands back towards them until they call out for your mercy. Whoever is able to keep going without calling for mercy is the ‘winner’ of this game.
WWJD in each of these scenarios to show mercy? Remember, showing mercy is about forgiving others and giving them another chance.
Scenario 1: Someone pushes-in in front of you in the school canteen line.
- Tell the teacher about it so they will get in BIG trouble.
- Push them out of the line and say, “I was here first!” Then hate them for the rest of lunch.
- Ask, “Why are you pushing in? then tell them they are not being fair to everyone and they need to go to the end of the line.
- Nothing, Jesus says we should be full of mercy and so, we should let this person push in front of everyone in the line.
Scenario 2: You’ve had a friend play at your house and now there is a big mess you have to pack up all by yourself. What do you do?
- Cry and ask your parents to be full of mercy and clean it up for you.
- Pack it up and remember that next time it is a good idea to get your friend to help you pack up each thing before you start playing with another.
- Blame the mess on your friend and decide you will never invite them over again.
- Decide that you will make a big mess at your friend’s house the next time you visit to get back at them for leaving you with a big mess.
Scenario 3: Is there someone you don’t want to give another chance? Why? Talk about what you can do to try to forgive them. Pray and ask God for His help not to punish them.
- Add your answers from the scenarios to your WWJD list.
- Add this week’s ‘Mercy’ Beatitude (here) picture to your Beatitude chart
MEMORY VERSE CHALLENGE
Send us your version of Philippians 2:5-9 to share with the rest of KidsChurch
Your attitude should be like Jesus
He was truly God but He left his heavenly home
And came to earth as a man to be a servant.
He humbled Himself and died on the cross for us.
Here is a song about the Beatitudes you might like to listen and sing along with.
This version has beginner actions.
While this version has advanced actions.