Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), Parramatta Baptist Church is a small business operator, and therefore exempt from the application of the Australian Privacy Principles.
Also, Parramatta Baptist Church does not have an establishment in the EU, offer goods and services in the EU, nor monitor the behaviour of individuals in the EU. We are therefore exempt from the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
However, we believe in transparency and as a result this is our privacy statement:
- Parramatta Baptist Church collects information about people during the course of their association with the church. The primary purpose of collecting this information is for reasons relating to administration, duty of care and pastoral care
- On occasions, names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or prayer points may be published in the church directory, weekly bulletins, promotional material, newsletters, rosters, the website, magazines, minutes of meetings or training programs
- Photographs and or video (with or without sound) may be published on our website and/or social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- We may disclose your details as necessary on a confidential basis to our Staff, Pastors, Deacons and leaders only for the purposes of church business or where the law requires the Church to do so
- Some of the information we collect is to satisfy our legal obligations, particularly to enable us to discharge our duty of care with children and young people
- Certain laws governing or relating to the operation of churches require that certain information is collected. These include Child Protection laws
- The church may from time to time discloses information to others for administrative and duty of care purposes. This may include disclosing information to other churches, outside organisations which run camps/excursions and people providing services/ministry to the church, including those involved in our Pastoral Care program
- We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own purposes without your consent
- By continuing to attend this Church, you consent to us using your information as detailed above.