Hi KidsChurch! This week we will join Jason’s twin, Michelle on a journey to a planet down under to battle it out with A Bandicoot King, a Frill-necked Lizard and two burly Koalas!
You have just won a boardgame but after packing up all the pieces, another player finds they had a card that could have won them the game. What would you do?
- Declare yourself the winner anyway – they didn’t use their card
- Declare they are the real winner of the game – they would have used the card if they knew they had it and so they are the real winner of the game
- Decide to re-match tomorrow! You want to know who the real winner of the game is!
Jason and a crew of penguins find out what is making everyone hot under the collar in…
Penguins 3-2-1 The Cheating Scales of Bullamanka
- “Cheating means that everyone loses”
- “The only way to be a real winner is to play by the rules”
Proverbs 11:1 The Lord hates cheating scales but accurate weights are his delight.
Your own version of a ‘Snakes and Ladders’ game board. It could be… ‘Eggs and Bacon’, ‘Rainbows and Unicorns’, ‘UFO’s and Wormholes’, ‘Bridges and Tunnels’ or ‘Elastic and String’ – whatever you want.
The game you have made
Look in your fridge for five jars and guess their order from lightest to the heaviest – you can handle the jars. Write down your guess. Now weigh them on some scales. The winner is the person who has the most number of jars in the right order from lightest to the heaviest.